Q: What precautions should be taken when driving with the trunk open?

What precautions should be taken when driving with the trunk open?

First, you should only ever drive your Accord with the trunk open if absolutely necessary. Second, it’s very possible for exhaust to enter through the open trunk and circulate throughout the cabin. This can introduce carbon monoxide, which is toxic.

The only safe way to drive with your trunk open is to roll down all the windows and set the heating/air conditioning system to fresh air. This also applies to sitting in a parked vehicle with the engine running.