Q: What precautions should be followed with the power outlets?

What precautions should be followed with the power outlets?

A: While your car’s power outlets provide conv...

While your car’s power outlets provide convenient ways to charge portable electronics, or even connect additional devices like DVD players and the like, they do need to be used with caution. Here are the most important Tips

• Never use the outlet if it’s wet (or if the plug you’re using is wet).

• Never allow children to play with the outlet.

• Never put anything in the outlet that shouldn’t be there (only use actual plugs and connectors for devices).

• Do not try to modify or repair the outlets on your own.

• Don’t connect or disconnect devices if you’re driving.

• Don’t use the outlets if your device is malfunctioning.

• Make sure that any plug connected fits the outlet properly (not too loose, or too tight).

• Don’t use the outlet without the engine running for too long. This may drain the battery.