Q: what other year and make can I use the transmission out of

my transmission is going out and I was wondering if I can use the tail shaft of mine on a 2 wheel drive transmission to make it a four-wheel drive to put back in my truck

Hi there. I think you might be better served to contact a local transmission replacement shop or research online for advice on this matter. We focus on completing OEM repairs and maintenance; and wouldn’t recommend attempting this type of swap. Thanks for writing in.

3. what other year and make can I use the transmission out of