Q: What if the VSA don't turn off? What can I do?

I was driving in the freeway and the VSA light came on. And I wasn't able to speed up anymore. I park and press the VSA off button and the light still on and the engine sounds like if is to loud. What should I do now?

VSA, or Vehicle Stability Assist, is Honda’s proprietary system to maximize traction and help stabilize the vehicle during cornering if the car turns more or less than desired. VSA also assists you in maintaining traction while accelerating on loose or slippery road surfaces. The reason you are seeing the warning light continuously is there is a fault somewhere in the complex sensor system that makes the system work by regulating the engine’s output and selectively applying braking. There are wheel speed sensors, brake pressure modulators, interconnecting wiring and sensors, the control computer and so forth all of which are subject to malfunction. VSA is an essential vehicle safety system and consequently you should definitely have the fault in the system pinpointed and repaired by a professional. The recommended service to do that is a VSA/traction control system diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will download the trouble codes that have been saved (the VSA light signifies that there are saved trouble codes) and then perform the required tests to pinpoint the faulty component(s). If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. What if the VSA don't turn off? What can I do?