Q: What does the oil pressure Warning Light mean?

What does the oil pressure Warning Light mean?

A: The oil pressure Warning Light is located o...

The oil pressure Warning Light is located on the instrument panel. The oil pressure Warning Light will illuminate when oil is not properly flowing into your vehicle’s engine. Usually this means that there is an insufficient amount of oil in the engine, but it can also be the result of an oil system problem. When the oil pressure Warning Light comes on, you should get your vehicle inspected as soon as possible.

Tip

Like all warning lights, the oil pressure Warning Light will illuminate when the ignition is turned on but the engine is not yet running. You should only be concerned with the oil pressure Warning Light if it stays lit after the engine has been turned on.