Q: What damage is done when the battery has been hooked wrong and u turn the key trying to start the car?

The battery had the negative to positive and the positive to the negative

If the battery cables were hooked up in an inverse direction and the key was turned to the ’ON’ position, all of the electrical components including the fuse boxes, the starter relay, the fuel pump relay, the fuel pump, the alternator, all of the sensors, and the computer can be damaged. If the MAIN fuse pops, then there is a good shot at keeping the electronics in good condition without having to replace everything. If you have experienced these issues with the battery cables hooked up backwards, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose the electrical system.

• What damage is done when the battery has been hooked wrong and u turn the key trying to start the car?