Q: Car stalls and misfires - what could cause this? 2004 Chevrolet Impala

It idles rough it has trouble accelerating and it stalled out on me so for just the once time.

A: Hello - the stalling and misfiring you are ...

Hello - the stalling and misfiring you are experiencing could have several sources - the idle air control valve (dirty or malfunctioning), or an ignition problem (bad plugs, plug wires or ignition coils). I would recommend having a professional mechanic diagnose this poor performance, making your car perform safely once again. A mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.