Q: What causes code Code 00543 and how to fix?

When first start the car. All is ok, then about a minute later,the transmission gear display lights up. When sifting from reverse to drive, the transmission shifts hard. and the car had low power taking off. After a few minutes, I turn engine off and restar t it and the problem goes away.

Hello. The code 00543 stands for "Engine speed to max exceeded". Meaning the computer has detected the engine has crossed over 7200RPMs due to an operating fault. Since you were simply starting the vehicle and backing it up, it is assumed the engine was not in fact ever revving up that high. The engine’s damage prevention system that is activating is likely having some faults. The rev. limiter may be causing issues or be disconnected. Transmission to engine communication may be poor. The throttle can also be having issues. The ECM is responsible for a lot of these calculations and it could be failing. These issues are typically complicated and should probably be inspected by a professional.

3. What causes code Code 00543 and how to fix?