Q: What are the steps for bleeding my liberty if I cannot remove the bleeder screw?

asked by on May 10, 2016

I put in a new radiator and water outlet and thermostat, but i can't seem to find proper steps for bleeding any air trapped in cooling system. I also cannot remove the bleeder screw-seized/stripped. So I need to know what are the proper steps for bleeding my 2006 liberty without using the bleeder screw?

The manual states to fill the reservoir up to the fill line with the engine off. Once the coolant is up to the top hot fill line start the engine and see if it drops down in the next couple of minutes and top off as needed. Do not run for more than about two minutes to top off the coolant. Install the cap and the vehicle will purge air out of the engine and into the reservoir after an hour of driving. Do not open the reservoir to top the level off till the engine is off and cool. It may take a couple cycles from cold to hot to purge all the air out. The best thing to do is drive it and the next morning top it off to the cold full line. Drive it another day and the next morning top it off again to the cold full level. The air may be purged out the first top off and the level should be on the cold full line.