Q: What are the standard and optional restrictions available for the MyKey system?

What are the standard and optional restrictions available for the MyKey system?

The MyKey® system on your car is designed to allow restrictions on several different systems and functions when a programmed MyKey® is used in the ignition. This is an important consideration for drivers who are still learning the basics, and helps to alleviate potential distractions. Here’s what you should know about the standard and optional restrictions:

Standard Restrictions

• Audio muted until the Belt-Minder® alarm has gone off (ensures the driver is aware that a seat belt isn’t buckled).

• Enhanced low fuel warnings include a chime, as well as an alert in the message center (activated at 75 miles to empty).

• The car’s reverse sensing system is not able to be canceled.

Optional Restrictions

• Maximum speed for the car is 80 MPH. Once that speed is reached, the system delivers both visual and audio warnings.

• You can set speeds at which visual and audio warnings are delivered (choose from 45, 55, or 65 MPH).

• The audio system cannot be turned up more than 45%.

• The stability and traction control system cannot be turned off.

Tip

Standard restrictions apply to all MyKeys®. Optional restrictions can be changed during programming.

• What are the standard and optional restrictions available for the MyKey system?