Q: Warning lights on and electronic system off

Driving my car has no problems. The problem comes when there is a lot of traffic and I have to stop a good bit. When my car is completely stopped, all of the lights by the speedometer come on. After that, all of the electronics turn off. For example the cruise control, parktronics, speedometer - anything in the electrical system turns off! What is causing this to happen?

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Mercedes had a recall where the instrument cluster illumination may fail on this model and the cluster may need to be replaced. A dealer should be contacted to see of this vehicle was included in the recall and to see if the recall was performed and if this repair was included.

3. Warning lights on and electronic system off