Q: Volvo V50 Won't start new ABS

I needed to replace my ABS pump and module. So I decided to send it to be fixed. But then they told me it can’t be fixed, and that I need to replace it with a new ones. So I bought another unit from the same model, but now I have a problem with the immobilizer. The car won’t start now. Is there a way that I can code the module to the Engine Control Unit? Thank you.

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2007 Volvo V50. You may have to take the vehicle to the dealer to have the systems flashed. The ABS control units are mated to the vehicle, and will not work when exchanged from one vehicle to the next. You may have to return the used unit and purchase a brand new one already coded to your vehicle. If you would rather not take this to the dealer, you could have another qualified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the starting issue in order to have this repaired.

3. Volvo V50 Won't start new ABS