Q: Vehicle won't start, once it's jump started it only stays running until you turn it off, then it work start again without jumping.

Nissan started Monday morning around 6:30am when we moved it to get another car out of the driveway. I went out to start it to go to an appointment later that day at 1pm and it wouldn't start. It didnt tuen over, it didnt do anything, the battery light came on and I assumed the battery was dead. Jump started it later Monday afternoon. It started and ran but wouldn't start back up a second time. Jump started it tonight (tuesday), let it run, then took it for a 15-20 min drive, get home turn it off, attempt to start it again and it won't turn over. The dash lights come on and the gauges and dash lights repeatedly click. I don't know if I need a new battery or if it is something more such as the starter or alternator.

A: Hi there. There could be two problems here....

Hi there. There could be two problems here. It is possible that your battery is bad and will not take a charge from your alternator while driving. In that case every time you shut your car off you will not have enough juice to start it again. Inspect your battery - it should have at least 12.5 to 13 volts to start your car, if it doesn’t you will need to replace the battery. The second problem could be that your alternator is bad and not charging your battery, in this case you will need to replace your alternator. Both the battery and the alternator can be tested in your car. If you would like to have the car checked for you, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the starting problem and proceed with repairs.