Q: Vehicle stalled at 75mph after 30 minutes of driving. Code for pump. Gauge said 1/8th but tank was dry.

No previous loss of power, missing, or other problems. I did reset the computer to no avail. Garage said it pulled code for fuel pump, but I won't have the code until Monday. I'm suspecting at least a fuel gauge relay, to address the inaccuracy. Once the car was filled up 1/2 it was running again. If the pump had failed I would expect some difficulties with starting that aren't present. I'm suspecting I have some residue or debris in the lines or the tank itself- causing the relay issue and potentially damaging/impacting the pump. I will replace the fuel filter for good measure. I don't trust the garage (who wanted to order a new dash unit because I have an LED range in the DIC)... I'm not sure if they can test the pressure (they may not be equipped)... I'm handy but I don't have a lift. Should I have the lines flushed? I'm concerned about doing damage to the engine if I drive it before this is resolved. What's the most cost effective way to approach this? Thank you!

3. Vehicle stalled at 75mph after 30 minutes of driving. Code for pump. Gauge said 1/8th but tank was dry.