Q: Vehicle died, but it's not the battery

asked by on February 01, 2016

My vehicle died in the middle of the street. The lights and radio still work, so I don't think it's the battery.

Hi, a few things can cause a car to die while in traffic. Battery connection is one thing. Check the terminal and make sure it has a clean connection. Inspect the drive belt to make sure its intact and not damaged. Finally, a bad alternator can cause your vehicle to lose power. A bad connection can cause the alternator not to charge the battery. If you are still having trouble with your vehicle, I would have the car inspected by a certified mechanic to diagnose why your car is dying.