Q: Van dies when accelerating

My van takes three plus attempts to start and dies when I accelerate.

Most of the time this is caused by a weak fuel pump or a failing crank position sensor. The most common cause of this on your vehicle is a bad crank position sensor. A mechanic would typically install a computer scan tool to see what the crank sensor is reading. If the sensor is reading correctly then the fuel pressure would need to be checked to see if it is bleeding off and not holding pressure. If it is not then the pump would need to be replaced. I would recommend having a mechanic inspect your stalling issue and replace your fuel pump if needed.

3. Van dies when accelerating