valve cover gasket warranty for cracked valve cover bmw 3...

Q: valve cover gasket warranty for cracked valve cover

asked by on March 07, 2018

Certified BMW dealership mechanic replaced the valve cover gasket in Dec 2017 on my vehicle. Now 3 months later the valve cover is cracked. Should the warranty on my valve cover gasket cover the parts and labor $1200.00 bill they are trying to charge me?

Unless you could prove that the mechanic cracked the valve cover and it was not already cracked before they did the gasket. This would be hard to prove since it may take a few months for a leak to show up and you did have a leak before and may have already been cracked.