Q: vacuum leak

I have a vacuum leak light on my dash. if i put a code scanner to it, will it tell we what part of the system its at or no. my car has also at time not going past 30 mph. untill i turn off the car let the computer rest then its normal.

I haven’t heard of a vacuum leak light before. The Check Engine Light may be on indicating a problem, and a scanner will produce a code for you. The code will not tell you what needs to be fixed but only give you an indication or area to check for problems. If you have a major problem, like not being able to go over 30 mph, then you may have a major problem that will require your engine to be checked.

If you have to let the engine cool your engine may be overheating. These engines had problems with coolant leaks, vacuum leaks, and timing chain problems that could lead to major engine damages. For example, cracked heads, leaking head gaskets, and lower engine damage from loss of oil pressure. I recommend having a certified mechanic check the vehicle’s engine for these issues and replace the vacuum hose if necessary.