Q: Unplugged output shaft speed sensor to look at possible shotty wiring, plugged it back in, and car shifts worse than before

asked by on December 19, 2017

Had trouble code for a faulty output shaft speed sensor. Replaced input and output sensors, still shifting rough with no speedo under 50. Went to check wiring on output sensor, unplugged the plug to it, looked like wires/plug could be the issue because of shotty wiring and what looked like some corrosion, plugged it back in and the problem worsened and car can hardly drive without shifting verh roughly

When you disconnected and reinstalled sensor connector you may have lost most if not all of the connection and may need to remove and clean out connections and new sensor pins with an electronics cleaner and apply a small amount of dielectric to the connector pins before reconnecting and retest it. If still problem then may need to replace connector.