Q: Undriven car's battery started, but ran rough

My car wasn’t started or driven for 2 months while it sat in the garage and naturally the battery died. I jump-started it and it started just fine. But then once it was started it was running rough, like it was missing. Do you think the gas has gone bad or would it be something different?

A: For your 2007 Porsche 911, the first thing ...

For your 2007 Porsche 911, the first thing to do is make it to a gas station and refuel the tank with a high octane fuel and run the vehicle to see if it clears up. If the car continues to run rough, you may need to have the fuel system cleaned out and the injectors and ignition checked to see if they are okay. The fuel should be okay for two months, but will loose some of its octane level. It should be burned through as quick as possible and filled with fresh fuel. If you need help with any of this, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come inspect your vehicle’s rough running issue.