Q: Unable to shift power steering motor to replace fan belt. Have loosened x 2 adjuster bolts.

Have been told that bolts behind the drive pulley have to be loosened as well but the pulley does not have holes to reach them? Following chilton repair manual

A: Hello. It’s been a while since working on o...

Hello. It’s been a while since working on one of these, but if my memory serves me, there is either a bolt that is sort of behind and under the pulley, accessible with a box or open-end wrench. The other possible location, (I may be confusing the Olds 5.0ltr with the Chevy 5.0lts) is actually under the back of the pump. While standing by the drivers side fender, reach around under and behind the pump. There may very well be an adjuster bolt there.