Q: Trying to find the transmission code for a 1996 ford windstar

asked by on February 24, 2018

I cant find thr transmission code

Your vehicle uses the AX4S Ford transmission. Inasmuch as you have the 3.8L motor, your transaxle model number is PNA-WC. The Ford service part number for that transaxle is F68Z-7000-AARM. If you are having trouble with your transmission be sure not to install a used one and if you select a rebuilt be sure to determine what, if any, "updates" were installed by the rebuilder. The AX4S transmission was below average in reliability and consequently as problems came into view there were design updates and those updates should be incorporated during the transmission rebuilding process. If you are interested in a transmission replacement or rebuilding services, YourMechanic professionals in certain locales can assist with that. Please simply inquire based on your locale. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr