Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1c7ilrejs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1c7ilrejs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1c7ilrejs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1c7ilrejs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1c7ilrejs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1c7ilrejs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1c7ilrejs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1c7ilrejs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1c7ilrejs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1c7ilrejs:173:8

Q: Truck will shift sometimes then it doesn't shift. If you wait a while it will shift again. We are trying to figure out what's going on

Truck will shift sometimes then it doesn't shift. If you wait a while it will shift again. We are trying to figure out what's going on

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. The first thing ...

Hi, thanks for writing in. The first thing I recommend is to make sure the ATF (automatic transmission fluid) is full.

Does the transmission shift up a gear or two and stay in that gear, or does it drive fine for a bit, then stop shifting until you turn the car off or sit still with the motor running? Or, do you continue to drive and eventually it begins shifting again. Are there any codes?

What I would do if I were diagnosing your truck would be to connect a scanner and study the data while driving to know what is going on. Without said data and not quite being clear about what is happening, it comes down to solenoids or sensors that the TCM (transmission control module) uses to calculated shift points based on load values determined by the PCM (powertrain control module).

I'm afraid all I can offer you at this point is suggesting you make sure the fluid is full and clean. If it isn't clean, begin by replacing the filter in the pan and do a transmission fluid exchange, not just pan drop with a drain and fill. This doesn't get all the ATF out of the transmission, and when there are problems, it pays to be as thorough as possible.

I recommend the following inspection if you should need further assistance: Car hard to shift

Hope this helps and best of luck!