Q: Truck overheats

My truck is overheating, and I think the head gasket needs to be replaced.

Hi, if there are no puddles underneath the car and the coolant is low, then you have coolant leaking into the engine and mixing with the oil. You can check the oil with the dipstick, if it is milky then coolant and water is getting inside. Coolant will cause the engine oil to thicken, making it harder to lubricate your engine and could cause significant damage if left for too long. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, would be able to help you determine why the truck is overheating. If there is coolant in the oil, you need to have the engine flushed to make sure you get rid of all the coolant.