Q: Truck independently accelerates and speedometer sticks on zero

After I have hit the brake, then hit the accelerator pedal to continue driving, my truck independently accelerates at a much higher speed. The speedometer needle stays stuck on zero, the RPMs increase, and the truck will go even faster if I step on the accelerator pedal, as if it were a Turbo engine. To stop it from doing this, I have to stop the truck, put it in Park, then put it into Drive again, and then the truck performs well again. This problem is intermittent, but it does happen almost every day. The check engine light is not on. What is causing this to happen and what can I do to correct it?

A: Hello. This sounds like the throttle positi...

Hello. This sounds like the throttle position sensor is failing. This is a known problem with your vintage Silverado. Contact your Chevy dealer and/or GM Customer Service for repair advice.