Q: 2008 Silverado 4wd, does not seem to be shifting into overdrive.

asked by on August 10, 2017

Recently my 2008 Silverado 4wd crew cab doesn't seem to be shifting into overdrive.

This may be related to a shift solenoid or possibly the speed or range sensors. There are many different issues that can cause the truck not to shift into overdrive properly. When your transmission’s control unit senses an issue, it will store a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) in the computer. To determine what may be causing this, I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to download the trouble codes stored in the computer which will indicate more specifically what may be causing this.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr