Q: Transmission shifting

My car will drive just fine for around 5-10 minutes, but then it stops shifting completely and nothing engages. I can't drive in reverse or forward.

A: Hi. It’s very possible that the source of y...

Hi. It’s very possible that the source of your problem is related to the transmission control module. In some cases, the sensors inside the transmission will fail to send signals to the TCM and cause the problem you’re experiencing. It may also be contributed to clogged transmission hydraulic lines, which can be cleared up by having the transmission serviced by one of our local mechanics.