Q: Transmission light is on

transmission light came on . every time i drive i feel like my wheel is woobling every time i shift from n to D it takes about 3 -4 seconds for it to change . i cant hange it from N to D and press the gas or it will goo slow and make a noise until 5 seconds later then it drives straight but with the wobbling issue so i dont know whats going on and what to do ? im really tryna save money . not tryna replace the transmission

Hello. An illuminated transmission light is a sign that the computer has detected an issue with the vehicle’s transmission. This can happen for a variety of reasons and is likely related to the delayed shifting problems you are experiencing. A few common causes for slow shifting and an illuminated transmission light are issues with the transmission solenoids or sensors, or internal transmission faults. The transmission uses a series of sensors and solenoids to control the vehicle’s shifting. If there is an issue with any of these components they may cause the transmission to experience issues shifting, and if detected by the computer will set off the light. Internal transmission faults, such as worn transmission gears or a faulty torque converter can also cause the symptoms you are experiencing. Retrieving the trouble codes with a compatible scan tool will likely reveal some insight on what the issue may be. The wobbling you are feeling may be also be related to transmission issue, however there are many other, unrelated things, that can cause the same symptoms. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose the cause of your warning light and shifting issues](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/gears-slipping-when-accelerating-inspection), and move from there.

3. Transmission light is on