Q: Transmission leaking oil

My transmission is leaking oil. Also, my alternator does not have charge at times and my car does not start. I believe its a faulty connection.

The alternator on this vehicle is a common failure. Unlike most cars, it will be intermittent for a while before it fails. I would check the connections on the battery and the alternator first before replacing it. As for the oil leak, most of the time it is from the pump seal if it is near the transmission. The transmission would need to come out to fix this. If it is too hard to locate the leak I typically add dye to the transmission fluid and use a UV light to find the leak. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to locate and repair the transmission leak for you.

3. Transmission leaking oil