Q: Transmission is Traditional Automatic or CVT

I own 2005 Mercury Montego Luxury, its a V6 3.0L FWD with VIN# 1MEFM40105G611724. First I am not sure, if its a CVT or traditional automatic transmission ? I am pretty much suspecting its the traditional one. It has tiny yellow plastic dipstick between transmission & radiator, more easily accessible from underneath the car. Second, any guide on dropping the pan & replacing/servicing the transmission filter. I see its not horizonal, it veritically lying between transmission & radiator.

Hi Amith. Thanks for writing in tonight to YourMechanic.com. Based on what I’m finding about your car, the Luxury 4-door sedan is equipped with a standard, six-speed automatic transmission. In regards to what I’d suggest in regards to replacing the filter and fluid service, I strongly recommend purchasing a service and repair manual for your vehicle, as it will provide you with detailed instructions for completing this process.

3. Transmission is Traditional Automatic or CVT