Q: transmission input shaft

so I replaced the fluid pump on a 700r4 4x4 transmission and I wrapped it all up had everything put back right and when I go to manually shift with my hand the input shaft doesn't want to spin. before the shaft was spinning one way but difficult the opposite way. but once thevery pump is on it won't spin at all. is this normal ? or what could be the problem

Hello, when you removed the pump you may have relocated clutch plates in the input housing. These plates must align with a hub assembly. What happens is that the pump puts pressure on the housing because there is no end play. No endplay and the input shaft will not rotate. The clutch plates now are damaged and need to be replaced.