Q: My steering wheel vibrates an i have a lost of power? Seems like engine is shaking

asked by on September 13, 2016

Steering wheel vibrate an lost of power

Hey there, thank you for asking about your 2005 Cadillac SRX. This is a known issue with the Cadillac SRX and is related to the steering wheel sensor. This sensor monitors the direction the wheels are turning. When it senses them turning differently than where it thinks they are turning, it activates the stability system, which is where the vibration feeling comes from. I would recommend taking this to the Cadillac/GM dealer and they should be able to easily and quickly fix this as this is a known and common issue among these cars. If they cannot fix the issue, you can have a certified technician from YourMechanic replace the steering wheel sensor and inspect your loss of power at your home or office.