Q: Q: Transmission

I have a 2001 Toyota Sequioa my transmission takes about 15-20 secs. to shift from 2nd to 3rd in the am for the last 2 months I purchased the vehicle brand new and this problem just started Please help!

You have a lot of miles on the transmission for never having it overhauled. First step is to check the fluid level. If the fluid level is correct, then the problem is most likely a leaking internal clutch pack seal. With this many miles a transmission flush may make the transmission leak internally more and make things worse. The transmission will need to have the pressures tested to see if the leak is internal or a problem with the valve body. Either way it’s not likely to be a simple fix since you have over 238k miles on the transmission, and any major fixes should involve a complete overhaul of the transmission due to the high mileage. If you would like to have the issue professionally diagnosed, you can contact a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Q: Transmission