Q: Trac off light and engine light came on at same time when I turned the engine on.

asked by on December 12, 2016

My trac off light and engine light came on at the same time once I started my car this morning and I got it checked twice and they said it was the evap system but I want a third opinion just to be sure
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi there. The Trac Off light is for the traction control. The computer has turned off the traction control for a various reason. The controller could be malfunctioning, the vehicle speed sensor could be malfunctioning, or the wheel speed sensors could be malfunctioning. Since the engine light is on, check for any codes that are stored in the computer for a starting place for diagnosing your traction control being disabled. If you need further assistance with the Trac Off light being on and the engine light being on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.