Q: Tire pressure monitoring system needs service

asked by on October 10, 2016

An error indicating that the tire pressuring monitoring system needs service is continuously on. Pressing the C/T button turns it off momentarily but it always returns in a couple of minutes. The tire pressures all read correct and the spare pressure sensor is does not appear to be triggering the error. Any idea what could be wrong?

Hi, thanks for writing in. Usually when your tire pressure monitoring system has an issue, it is due to one of the sensors in the wheels. If it is not due to one of the sensors in the wheels I would recommend having the control module for the system inspected. These sensors inside the wheels get damaged due to corrosion or break it or sometimes they’re just missing. I would make sure that all four sensors are in place and in working condition. If sensors are broken dead or missing you can find them at a local tire shop. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect this service light for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.