Q: Engine shake at 500-750 rpm sometimes

This is my issue...my engine shake a little when I start up my car, and I noticed it at 500-750 rpm. I don't what the problem is. Sometimes it happens and sometimes don't. Any suggestion?

A: Hey there. The engines in these cars do sha...

Hey there. The engines in these cars do shake during idle when they are new. If your car is idling lower than normal, then you may have to clean the throttle body and air bypass. The motor mounts on these engines can be pretty stiff which can make you feel a rough engine while inside the car, mostly in reverse. As the motor mounts age they get even stiffer. The stiff mounts and vibration added with the throttle body getting dirty will cause the vibrations to get worse and feel worse. My suggestion is to have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to come and check the throttle body and motor mounts in order to fix the problem with your shaking engine.