Q: Tire interchange

I currently have r205/70 r15 tires and I was just given new r205/60 r15....will these work?

No, the most important thing when changing tire or wheel size, is to keep the overall diameter the same. 205/70/15 is 26.3 inches and 205/60/15 is 24.7 inches. When you change the diameter, the final drive gear ratio is changed. This will affect the speedometer accuracy and how the transmission shifts. This also affects ground clearance, yours will be lowered by about 3/4 of an inch. In PA, and possibly in other states, it will not pass the inspection with a size that is smaller than original. Stay with the recommended size.

3. Tire interchange