Q: Timing cover leak

Hello. Dealer states in 'needed repairs' section "timing cover leaking". Quoted $1,580.00. Car runs great! No stalls, hesitations or overheating. No hot burning odor. Haven't had to add oil. Drive up to 300 mi per wk; good mileage. Bought the car used in 2012 w/16k miles at this dealer & have had all work done there. Could there more be involved for that price? Thank You Kindly. Deb

Hey there. The entire engine and transmission has to be removed to replace the front timing cover. It calls for 12.5 hours labor and does not include the alignment or any of the parts needed. The total labor should be around 14 hours. For this price of repair, you may want to consider trading in the vehicle for another one.

3. Timing cover leak