Q: Timing belt recently replaced now it makes a loud when I drive fast or rev engine

I had my timing belt replaced yesterday and it makes a loud noise when I drive past 40 mph and the car shifts gears. It's sounds like a loud vibration noise and a belt whining noise at the same time. What could it be? Is it safe to drive? Also the crankshaft sensor was changed the same day. I have a 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe

Hi there. Thanks for writing in to YourMechanic.com. To be honest, this could be an existing issue that may have gone unnoticed while the big problem of the timing belt was completed. In some cases, a whining noise and acceleration problems is an indication of a vacuum leak or exhaust leak. When the efficiency of the engine is compromised, it can cause problems with acceleration. However, the noise can also be an indication of a damaged wheel bearing or serpentine belts that are worn out and need to be replaced. Before you spend another penny on replacement parts, I would highly recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location to first correctly diagnose this problem by completing a car is slow to accelerate inspection.

3. Timing belt recently replaced now it makes a loud when I drive fast or rev engine