Q: Throttle Warning light

I just had a hose replaced due to an antifreeze leak and I also had an O2 sensor replaced. Immediately after that my throttle warning light came on and now my car feels like it will shut off and some of my dashboard lights won't work now. Is this safe to drive? The mechanic said there is a recall on throttle body parts in dodge journeys..is this true?

A: Your vehicle is equipped with electric thro...

Your vehicle is equipped with electric throttle control (ETC). Instead of using a traditional mechanical throttle cable, a motor is used to open and close the throttle. The control module receives input from the accelerator position sensor and throttle position sensor to determine motor operation. The throttle warning light will be illuminated if the control module detects a problem with the system. The vehicle may also be forced into reduced power mode. Anything from a faulty sensor to wiring issues in the ECT system could be the root cause. I did not find a recall regarding this issue for your vehicle in my repair database. A professional, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose and repair this throttle warning light issue for you.