Q: Throttle body failing - 2004 Honda Accord

asked by on September 29, 2016

Car idled high. it seems to want to shut down when you press the gas too hard

Hello. This may be related to a variety of things such as a vacuum leak (high idle is caused by this many times), a faulty mass air flow sensor, a failing throttle body sensor. The fact that it wants to shut down you supply more fuel suggests that there may be a problem with the air/fuel mixture which is usually a failing mass air flow sensor. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the high idle and hesitating issues.