Q: Throttle body failing - 2004 Honda Accord

Car idled high. it seems to want to shut down when you press the gas too hard

A: Hello. This may be related to a variety of ...

Hello. This may be related to a variety of things such as a vacuum leak (high idle is caused by this many times), a faulty mass air flow sensor, a failing throttle body sensor. The fact that it wants to shut down you supply more fuel suggests that there may be a problem with the air/fuel mixture which is usually a failing mass air flow sensor. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the high idle and hesitating issues.