Q: Thin white exhaust when accelerating in 2012 Hyundai Sonota a problem?

I have thin white exhaust coming out of my pipes when I acellerate (more than usual)

Some smoke at start up can be normal, particularly white smoke from condensation. However, continuous smoking after the first few minutes signifies a problem with the engine that you should seek to have identified in an engine smoking diagnostic. If the smoke is white that could be from an antifreeze leak due to a cracked cylinder head or engine block or a head gasket failure. Check to see if the engine coolant level is holding steady. If the smoke were blue, that means there is an oil leak into the combustion chambers from the valve guides or the rings. Black smoke occurs if the engine is being flooded with gasoline. Of course, multiple engine faults could occur at the same time causing different appearance of the smoke. At any rate, the thing to do to resolve this is seek a diagnostic so that you can determine if your car’s condition is normal and, if not, what repairs will be required. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Thin white exhaust when accelerating in 2012 Hyundai Sonota a problem?