Q: Thermostat not working

My temperature indicator in the IP suddenly quit working. It went from normal to zero. Then in nothing flat the display on my IP read “engine too hot A/C off.” This will even happen in the morning after the engine has been off for approximately 10 hours. After the car is warming up from driving the thermostat comes back to life and works fine. I took it to the dealer and they changed the solenoid. It helped for a while but the problem came back after a couple of weeks. Do you have any ideas about what could be wrong?

Greetings! I’m inclined to think that the problem will be with the coolant temperature sensor. Have a technician test the coolant temperature sensor and inspect its electrical circuit.

I’d recommend getting some help from a certified technician. They will have access to the factory resistance and output specifications of the sensor. If the technicians readings are out of specification then the coolant temperature sensor will be replaced.

3. Thermostat not working