Q: The VSA light came on on my Honda Accord

asked by on November 16, 2016

Hi my battery on my car went flat due to the interior light being left on,I charged it up, since then the vsa light came on,is it connected advise please!!!!!

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

There is a "connection." When you drained the battery, the PCM and possibly the electronically controlled VSA components themselves "saw" an out of range low voltage, even if momentarily. Such will cause a trouble code to set and illuminate the warning light. It is a known issue. The first thing to do is ensure that you presently have a serviceable battery. By that I mean, unless the battery is less than three years old, in the wake of this incident you should definitely have the battery load tested to make sure there are no shorted cells and that it it has sufficient capacity.

These load tests cost nothing (are usually complimentary) and any of the big box auto parts stores or battery stores will do it for free. Batteries are important and that is why it is critical to ascertain the exact condition of your battery. If, by chance, your battery is 5 or 6 years old or older, just replace it ... don’t bother with the load test. As far as the VSA warning light, it can be turned off with a Code Scanner, although a higher end bi-directional tool might be required. YourMechanic professionals use these sorts of advanced Diagnostic tools and thus can assist you in turning off the light during a Check Engine Light inspection.