Q: The throttle keeps sticking at average speeds

The throttle in my van keeps sticking. I used WD-40 to spray the linkage and pedal end of the throttle cable. It improved it somewhat but hasn't solved the issue. While driving at 40-50 mph, it would still start sticking. It sometimes happens while I'm first trying to accelerate. Do you have some advice how to fix this?

You may have a damaged throttle body or a faulty throttle position sensor. Both of these issues can make you feel the same symptoms as a sticking throttle. I would recommend having the throttle body and throttle position sensor inspected by a qualified professional. This test will include a visual inspection of the throttle body as well as testing the TPS for proper function using the manufacturers recommended procedure. Once the faulty part has been determined, replace it as necessary to resolve your issue.

3. The throttle keeps sticking at average speeds