Q: The temperate gauge indicates overheating in stop/go traffic and has stalled a few times when idle. Oil is low could this be it?

The temperature gauge in my car indicates overheating in stop/go traffic and normalizes when moving. It has also stalled a few times when idle and takes a few turns to start back up again. Also when driving, the gear shifts feel a little off almost like the car might stall (this is hard to describe but if you are a manual car owner it feels as though the shifts are not as smooth as they should be like it’s catching on something before shifting). I noticed the oil is extremely low, could this be the issue?

The first thing to do is to make sure the oil and coolant are filled up to prevent any engine damage. The problem may be caused by low oil but only if engine is oreal low on oil. The coolant may be low and cause the overheating and should have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic check for overheating if it is not low on coolant or oil and still overheats since you may have problems with fan or water pump or thermostat.

3. The temperate gauge indicates overheating in stop/go traffic and has stalled a few times when idle. Oil is low could this be it?