Q: The tail lights went out.replaced the fuse and since then all lights came on dashboard and now the car wont move out of park

The tail lights .replaced the fuse and since then all lights came on the dashboard including abs and now the car wont move out of park

Hello. From what you describe, it would appear that your vehicle has suffered some sort of serious electrical failure. It may be possible that the brake light switch has malfunctioned and is causing your vehicle issues.

Aside from operating the brake lights, the brake light switch also lets the vehicle know that the brakes are being applied so that the car can be safely started and shifted. If the pedal is not being stepped on, or the switch is faulty, the vehicle will not be able to shift out of park. Similar symptoms can also be caused by a faulty ignition switch, or a bad key, if the vehicle uses a transponder type key. If you want to have this done, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the light problem and have this taken care of.

• The tail lights went out.replaced the fuse and since then all lights came on dashboard and now the car wont move out of park