Q: The oil pan gasket is protruding from the front of the oil pan. It sticks out 1". Has this happened to other B3000's?

As I stated in the question, the oil pan gasket is (somehow) protruding from the front of the oil pan. It is not leaking oil. Is this something I need to get replaced immediately, or is it a common thing? My truck is a '98 B3000, 4x4 with 180k. Thank you.

Hi there. Sometimes when certain gaskets are tightened down, they can stretch out and extend past their normal boundaries. As long as the oil pan is not leaking any oil, I would not consider this to be an issue. If the oil pan does begin to leak oil in that location, then I would recommend having the oil leak repaired as soon as possible. This is not only a common issue on this vehicle but could potentially happen on any other vehicle with that same style of gasket. If you begin having drivability problems, then have the car inspected for any corrections that are needed.

3. The oil pan gasket is protruding from the front of the oil pan. It sticks out 1". Has this happened to other B3000's?