Q: The housing that holds my ignition lock cylinder in place is busted, can I buy a new housing or is it attached to steering column?

The ignition lock housing or body is busted, can I buy just the housing that holds the lock cylinder or do I have to buy a whole new steering column

Hi there. The part that you would purchase is referred to as a steering column assembly for a 2005 Dodge Stratus. It’s not the entire steering column, but the center portion where the ignition lock cylinder is mounted on the steering column.

3. The housing that holds my ignition lock cylinder in place is busted, can I buy a new housing or is it attached to steering column?