Q: The gears?

The car runs, but when it hits a certain mph its starts to get shaky and we have to put it in 3rd gear. When we put it in reverse it will not go in reverse and sometimes still be in drive and will pull up forward. You also have to rev the engine a little to get it to start driving. Not to much but you still have to do it.

Hi There, It sounds like your transmission may be low on fluid or possibly have a faulty control solenoid. When you rev the engine to get it to go forward, this is an indication that the transmission is producing more hydraulic pressure than is normally necessary. By raising the engine RPM’s like this it increases the hydraulic pressure causing the transmission to engage and move the car. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.